Thursday, June 5, 2008

- Our new puppy -

Grandpa Bob's dog had puppies in late March. Our boys visited almost everyday to hold them and check on their growth and progress. The puppies were nearing the age when they could leave their mother. Grandpa had them all sold but one. We were there for dinner when Jeron suddenly approached his grandpa with an offer for the last puppy. Deron and I nearly fell off our chairs. Jeron figured that he had about $287.40 and hoped that his grandpa would accept that as payment for his $350 puppy. Grandpa whispered to Deron and I that the dog was ours for free if we wanted it. Our first reaction was "No way!" We left with the boys in tears. Later that evening Jeron called his grandpa and begged him not to sale his last puppy. By the next day the calls were coming in and we had to make a decision -- needless to say, we folded and welcomed "Champ" into our family as an OUTDOOR DOG! He is a pure bread, registered Yellow Lab that Deron is now training to be his hunting buddy!





2 comments:

Krysta said...

I love seeing those pictures. They look so cute holding Champ! Kyler still looks the same to me, but Jeron and Hayden have grown a TON! Your blog makes me miss you guys even more!! But it will be so fun to still be able to share in eachothers life. I can't wait until the kids get home and I can show them these pictures. Casey was nice to take them to the pool for me so I could get my lesson done and here I am blogging and e-mailing!! :)

Lisa Ellis said...

Emily -

If you are "still learning" to do a blog, I can only imagine how cool it's going to get!

Loved the "Take Me out to the Ballgame" accompaniment--quite appropriate for as many games as you will watch over the years! Fun anniversary vacation!

You have three adorable boys, a cute puppy--now how can life get better than that?

Thanks for sending them our way!
Aunt Lisa & Uncle Rod