This picture is kind of blurry, but it's the best one I have with the kids and the fireworks! (Kaylee, Jake, Ky, Jeron). Kaylee was so fun to have around. She is very outnumbered when our families are together. She and Kyler used to be pretty good buddies, but they've started to figure out the boy vs. girl thing that happens at about that age. She was a cute little mother to Hayden & Drew. We even got to share her birthday with her. We celebrated at FireHouse Pizzeria.
This is Krysta and I enjoying one of our late night computer sessions together. We pulled some pretty late nights while she was here. We often commented how nice it was to have two moms in the house. Dinner was prepared and cleaned up in no time. One of us could stay with the kids while the other ran to to the store. Our time together was too short, because we were both busy being moms to our three children. This is why we had to stay up so late every night. She has been determined to make me a scrapbooker ever since we've been friends. She used to invite me to her scrapbooking parties, even though I usually just came to visit. I'm starting to catch on to the digital scrapbooking idea. Computers are much more up my ally than crafty papers and glue. We'll see what happens from here. Krysta is such a special friend. My house will never be as clean as hers or as nicely decorated.; I probably won't ever be a super scrapbooker like her.; and, I'm pretty sure I'll never be as organized as she is.; but, Because of her, I'm inspired everyday to work on these things. Everything she touches turns to gold! She introduced me to Hobby Lobby and helped me rearrange a few things around the house. Thank you, Krysta for such a fun week. I really appreciate all of your help.
Kyler & Jake took tennis lessons together from my cousin Elisabeth while they were here. Hayden liked to watch with his racket & had to jump in the photo. Ky & Jake were just starting to become good buddies when they had to move. They both look (& act) so much like their dads. It's kind of like dejavu to see them together.
Hayden & Drew eating their Macaroni & Chesse together. These two are only two months apart. It would have been fun for them to grow up as buddies. They still can -- they'll just be long distance buddies. Hayden was only 1 1/2 when they moved, but he used to point to their house and say, "Dew, Dew," even months after they moved.
Thanks, Casey, Krysta, Kaylee, Jake, & Drew for spending so much of your precious time here in Utah with us. We love you guys! You're always welcome here!




2 comments:
Ohhhhhh....I miss you guys soooooo much!!! I went from laughing to crying to laughing again as I read your post! I don't think Casey has seen it yet...I'm sure he'll be leaving a comment for his buddy. We had so much fun staying with you. Thank you for welcoming us into your home. I hope the invite is always open because we want to come back!! Our house is always open too...I REALLY want to go on a cruise! Emily, will you e-mail that picture of you and me? I want to put it on my blog. Also will you send me the ones from our BBQ when we moved? Were there some other ones I saw on your computer that I wanted? I can't remember. Anyway, this should have been an e-mail because it's a forever long comment...sorry! We love you guys and miss you!
Hey there, fun post. . . . We need to have y'all come down to Houston. (That is "you all" Texas style.) We could make a time of it. Take you to The Woodlands mall, Market Street, Galviston, downtown to the Astros, Heck, Deron and I could even have a little Lake Charles outting. (Have to Google that one--L’Auberge du Lac, Lake Charles, LA). Good time always--seeing those pictures brings back good memories even if they were brief. Take care you guys. Good to see you!
Post a Comment