Friday, December 5, 2008

- Where have I been?? -

I thought I'd give a quick update. Sorry I haven't posted for soooo long. I've been thinking about it, but I've been busy, and my computer time is limited these days. My grandpa fell and broke his back a few weeks ago, so I try to spent a lot of time helping him and my grandma right now. Deron turned in his resignation at GGP and has been working/studying at home for his new position with Farm Bureau Financial. He has to pass four monster tests, so he's up in our office on the computer most of the time right now. (This is why I don't ever get any computer time.) It's with mixed feelings that he left GGP. He has been a Business Development Rep. for them for nearly three years. He loved this job up until a few months ago when the economy started really heading south. I could tell that things were getting rough, but when his boss quit a month or two before he did, things got pretty tough. He really enjoyed working with his boss and is thankful for the friendship that they will always have. He will miss all the great people he worked with. However, near the end of his employment there, he was being required to bring in the moon, the stars, and more, which was wearing him right into the ground. It was no fun to see him so miserable and stressed out all of the time. He was incharge of the Cache & Newgate malls, which are located in small, conservative towns, but his goals were the same as those who covered the upscale malls in big cities around the U.S. where tenants flock in without fail.

He's excited about this new challenge and opportunity. I'm just hoping that this will be the end of the unknown and that things will work out well for him. We're happy that he found something that allows us to stay here in the valley where our kids are so settled and happy with school, friends, sports, etc... I am thankful for his desire to work so hard and do whatever it takes to support and provide for our family. It's no fun to have to hit the books again after so many years. When he graduated from college, I'm pretty sure he thought he was done with school. You never know what life is going to throw at you.

It's crazy that he's home more, but I feel like he's never around right now. I am missing his help with the Christmas decorating. I'm slowly getting one room decorated at a time. It makes me appreciate all that he normally does around the house, but I'm supportive of the fact that he has to study for now.

Good Luck Deron, we love you!

4 comments:

Erica said...

I think all this complicated stuff will be worth it in the end. One day you and I will figure out why all thiscrazy stuff happens and hopefully one day we will hae a good laugh. Thanks for the fun girls night out.

Krysta said...

Hey - You are right...I was up late last night, to late, and here I am again. Ever since Christmas came, I can't get myself to bed early. There's just not enough time.:)

I'm glad that things are working out for Deron. I'm sure he'll do great on his tests and then you can have a husband around again! I'm glad it worked out for you guys to stay in the valley. I wish we could be there with you.

JoLyn said...

Finally.. I know things can change for all of us. Some times out of our own control. I love you all so much, even those crazy boys that hate hugs and kisses. Your in my thoughts often. love ya

Casey Moes said...

Hey there! I though Deron was going to give me a call back when he found out he got the position . . . (you know after I gave him that wonderful reference)Wasn't that like several weeks ago? Anyway--congratulations! Let me know how it works out for you. I don't have an email address for him, so shoot one my way.