I keep feeling guilty that I haven't posted for awhile, but I really don't have any new pictures to post. I guess I don't have to have pictures for every post, right? I'm still new at this.
Our weeknights and Saturdays are pretty much all eaten up by baseball & flag football practices and games. Right now we have four practices & four games a week. I shouldn't complain, because this is less than we had in the summer, but add homework, and it's a little crazy. Soon we'll be done with these two sports and then we'll jump into basketball. I'm hoping that we will see a few open nights in the weeks to come.
Saturday was a memorable day of "Fall Baseball in the Rain." The boys were scheduled to play a double header in Kaysville. This was conference weekend. It always rains on conference weekend. We knew the forecast was for rain, woke up to rain, as expected, but got word that the games were on, so we headed to Kaysville. It was raining so hard at times during our drive; I kept thinking that we would drive all the way down there just to have them cancel on us. Much to our surprise, they had us play one game in the rain. (This is why I don't have any pictures. I didn't want to risk using my camera in the rain!) It never stopped raining, & by the end of the first game the infield was starting to really puddle up, so they cancelled the second game. Luckily Deron had purchased an EZup recently. He's been wanting one for a long time, & I've been dragging my feet. No complaints from me after this experience. It fit over half of the bleachers, so most of the moms and kids were able to stay dry while our boys played in the rain.
It ended up being a great memorable game. Jeron pitched four innings and had 9 strike-outs or K's, as they call them. Kyler got three great hits and was named MVP of the game. It was so fun to watch him try not to smile as he ran around the bases and the fans all cheered for him. He looks so little out there with all of the 9 & 10 year olds. After a great win, we had our picnic under cover with the Jensons (family friends through baseball) and then went to Krispy Kreme doughnuts to celebrate. We had never been inside to see how they make the doughnuts. Jeron wasn't with us, but Kyler and Hayden thought it was so cool. Can you believe that their glazing machine was out of order? That was just our luck, but Kyler picked an assortment of other kinds for us to share.
Needless to say, we created some fun family memories in the rain. We have been pretty spoiled with good weather throughout our baseball season that started in April. I just have to comment on the filthy baseball pants that were thrown in my laundry pile when we got home. (They did change for the drive, thank heavens.) Words can't even express the condition of these pants. I feel like I've dealt with some pretty bad stains in the past, but adding the water to the red dirt and grass brought on a whole new level of filth that I'm still struggling to get out. Jeron's pants are looking pretty good, but Kyler's still need some work. (He did a lot of sliding on his big MVP day!) I've tried all the tricks I know. If you have any pointers, I'd love to hear them! The weather forcast is looking even worse for this Saturday (40s and rain - last week was 60s and rain), but at least the games are here. Maybe we'll get a Saturday off, who knows? If we play, I'll have more dirty pants to clean!!
16 years ago




4 comments:
You are going to ALWAYS have dirty pants to clean with how often your kids play outside! :) I'm glad you made some fun memories in the rain. Sometimes those are the best kind. And you're right...you don't always have to post with a picture. It's much easier not to!
Hi Hansen's, I found your cute blog on Lindee's and thought I'd say Hi. I hope you don't mind if I add you to my blog. See ya, the Buist's
I don't know if you already know about Fels Naptha ... It is laundry soap that will get any grass or red dirt stain out of baseball pants. Our entire high school team swore by it. Lots of fun with b-ball in the rain!
It is nice that you recorded the moment anyway. The picture is not needed, just the memory.
Post a Comment